West Creek Academy

28767 N. W. Hills Dr.

Valencia, CA 91354
(School attendance zone shown in map)

Tel: (661)294-5385
  • West Creek Academy serves 933 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 75% (which is higher than the California state average of 37%) for the 2015-2016 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 81% (which is higher than the California state average of 48%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • West Creek Academy placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the California state level of 24:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 57% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 76%.
  • West Creek Academy operates within the Saugus Union School District.

Top Placements (California)

West Creek Academy is Listed among the top public schools in California for:

School Overview

  • West Creek Academy's student population of 933 students has grown by 31% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 32% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Kindergarten-6
Total Students933 students
Gender %West Creek Academy Gender
Total Classroom Teachers33 teachers
Students by GradeWest Creek Academy Student By Grade

School Comparison

  • West Creek Academy is ranked within the top 5% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
  • The diversity score of West Creek Academy is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (CA)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
75%
37%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
81%
48%
Student : Teacher Ratio28:124:1
Asian
34%
11%
Hispanic
16%
54%
Black
4%
6%
White
43%
24%
Two or more races
3%
4%
All Ethnic GroupsWest Creek Academy All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownCA All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Score0.680.41
Eligible for Free Lunch
3%
50%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
1%
9%

    District Comparison

    • The school district of West Creek Academy is Saugus Union School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
    • Saugus Union School District's student population of 9,983 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
    • The revenue/student of $12,680 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    • The district's spending/student of $12,271 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    School District NameSaugus Union School District
    Number of Schools
    Managed
    15
    4
    Number of Students Managed9,9831,585
    Saugus Union School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
    District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
    52%
    37%
    District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
    64%
    48%
    District Total Revenue$129 MM$18 MM
    District Spending$125 MM$18 MM
    District Revenue / Student$12,680$11,049
    District Spending / Student$12,271$11,340
    School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
    Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education

    Nearby Public Schools

    Show me:

    School Reviews

    Review West Creek Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

    • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
    • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

    I am a:

    Name or Alias:

    Your review:

    Rate this school:
    Recent Articles
    Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
    Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
    Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.