West Elementary School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 498 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MT
- Math Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MT Dept. of Education
West Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Montana for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is West Elementary School's ranking?
West Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Montana for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
32% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MT state average), while 40% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% MT state average).
How many students attend West Elementary School?
498 students attend West Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of West Elementary School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of West Elementary School?
West Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Montana state average of 12:1.
What grades does West Elementary School offer ?
West Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is West Elementary School part of?
West Elementary School is part of Butte Elementary School District.
Review West Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities