West Hertel Elementary School
West Hertel Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- West Hertel Elementary School's student population of 812 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||812 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Hertel Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#4169 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buffalo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to West Hertel Elementary School is Math Science Technology Preparatory School At Seneca (0.7 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Grabiarz-campus School #79 (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Grabiarz-campus School #79 (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Math Science Technology Preparatory School At Seneca Grades: 5-12 | 711 students
666 E Delevan Ave
Buffalo, NY 14215
(716)816-4500 0.7 5-12 711
- Buffalo Mckinley Vocational High School Grades: 9-12 | 1052 students
1500 Elmwood Ave
Buffalo, NY 14207
(716)816-4480 0.8 9-12 1052
- Buffalo Riverside Institute Of Technology Grades: 9-12 | 406 students
51 Ontario St
Buffalo, NY 14207
(716)816-4360 0.8 9-12 406
- Buffalo P.S. 64 Frederick Law Olmsted Grades: PK-4 | 616 students
874 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)816-3420 1.0 PK-4 616
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.