Braxton County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 8 public schools managed by Braxton County School District serving 2,100 students in Sutton, West Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the West Virginia state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Braxton County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sutton Braxton County High School200 Jerry Burton Drive
Sutton, WV 26601
Grades: 9-12 | 580 students
- Sutton Braxton County Middle School100 Carter Braxton Drive
Sutton, WV 26601
Grades: 6-8 | 313 students
- Burnsville Burnsville Elementary School228 Kanawha Ave.
Burnsville, WV 26335
Grades: PK-6 | 173 students
- Flatwoods Flatwoods Elementary School142 Flatwoods Corner Rd, 142 F
Flatwoods, WV 26621
Grades: PK-6 | 267 students
- Sutton Sutton Elementary School288 N Hill Road
Sutton, WV 26601
Grades: PK-6 | 238 students
|School District Name||Braxton County School District|
|# of Schools||8|
|# of Students||2,100|
|# of Teachers||144|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||1,061|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,039|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||8|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||2,043|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||39|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||135|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||140|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||155|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Braxton County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 57 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,236 is higher than the state average of $11,801. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,107 is higher than the state average of $12,722. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$43 MM|
|Spending||$37 MM||$46 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,236||$11,801|
|Spending / Student||$17,107||$12,722|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.