Ritchie County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public preschools managed by Ritchie County School District serving 687 students in Pennsboro, West Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the West Virginia state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Ritchie County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pennsboro Creed Collins Elementary School 512 Collins Avenue
Pennsboro, WV 26415
Grades: PK-5 | 215 students
- Ellenboro Ellenboro Elementary School 100 School Street
Ellenboro, WV 26346
Grades: PK-5 | 106 students
- Harrisville Harrisville Elementary School 1201 E Main Street
Harrisville, WV 26362
Grades: PK-5 | 241 students
- Smithville Smithville Elementary School 157 Main Street
Smithville, WV 26178
Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
|School District Name||Ritchie County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,444 students|
|# of Teachers||112 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||751 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||693 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,425 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||102|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||88|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||88|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Ritchie County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 57 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,606 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,848. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,024 is higher than the state average of $12,887. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$42 MM|
|Spending||$20 MM||$45 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,606||$11,848|
|Spending / Student||$13,024||$12,887|
We examine revised cell phone policies across the country that allow students to use phones during school hours – and whether those new policies are a good idea.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.