Western Avenue Elementary School
Western Avenue Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Western Avenue Elementary School's student population of 560 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||560 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Western Avenue Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8956 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Western Avenue Elementary School is Las Promise Charter High 1 (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is La's Promise Charter Middle #1 (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Gifted Academy Of Mathematics And Entrepreneurial Studies (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hawthorne Gifted Academy Of Mathematics And Entrepreneurial Studies Grades: K-5 | 71 students
2506 W. Imperial Hwy.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(323) 421-6092 0.0 K-5 71
- Los Angeles La's Promise Charter Middle #1 Grades: 6-8 | 184 students
4920 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(213) 745-4928 0.1 6-8 184
- Los Angeles Las Promise Charter High 1 Grades: 9-12 | 56 students
1755 W. 52nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(213) 745-4928 0.1 9-12 56
- Los Angeles Kipp Vida Preparatory Academy Grades: K-4 | 564 students
4410 S. Budlong Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(323) 406-8007 0.2 K-4 564
- Lancaster Assurance Learning Academy Grades: K-12 | 2,620 students
43145 Business Center, Ste. 10
Lancaster, CA 93535
(661) 272-1225 0.3 K-12 2,620
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.