Westside Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Westside Academy's student population of 374 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 38% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westside Academy's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2018 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milwaukee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Milwaukee Collegiate Academy Grades: 9-12 | 297 students
4030 N 29th St
Milwaukee, WI 53216
(414)873-4014 0.2 9-12 297
- Milwaukee Bethune Academy Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
1535 N 35th St
Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)934-4600 0.3 PK-8 528
- Milwaukee Metcalfe Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 278 students
3400 W North Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)874-3600 0.4 PK-8 278
- Milwaukee Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street Campus Grades: PK-8 | 501 students
2449 N 36th St
Milwaukee, WI 53210
(414)445-8020 0.5 PK-8 501
- Milwaukee Starms Early Childhood Grades: PK-K | 293 students
2616 W Garfield Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53205
(414)934-4700 0.6 PK-K 293
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.