Wheatland Center Elementary School
- Wheatland Center Elementary School's student population of 515 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||515 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wheatland Center Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#327 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wheatland J1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Twin Lakes Lakewood Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 366 students
1218 Wilmot Ave
Twin Lakes, WI 53181
(262)877-2148 3.6 PK-8 366
- Burlington Winkler Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 139 students
34150 Fulton St
Burlington, WI 53105
(262)539-2726 4.5 PK-4 139
- Silver Lake Riverview Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 478 students
300 Prosser St
Silver Lake, WI 53170
(262)889-4384 4.8 PK-8 478
- Wilmot Bright Horizons Grades: PK-K
10720 Fox River Rd
Wilmot, WI 53192
(262)862-6461 5.4 PK-K n/a
Wheatland Center School has made great changes in the past few years. A new principal and administrator have really made the difference. WCS has SMARTboards in every classroom and mini LAPTOPS for every middle school student (grades 5 -8). Way to go WCS!
- Posted by Parent - curra
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.