Whitcomb Elementary School
Whitcomb Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Whitcomb Elementary School's student population of 442 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whitcomb Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,194 schools in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Clackamas 12 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Linwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 334 students
11909 Se Linwood Ave
Portland, OR 97222
(503)353-5460 0.7 K-5 334
- Portland Lewelling Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 341 students
5325 Se Logus Rd
Portland, OR 97222
(503)353-5440 1.1 K-5 341
- Happy Valley Mount Scott Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 373 students
11201 Se Stevens Rd
Happy Valley, OR 97086
(503)353-5500 1.1 K-5 373
- Clackamas Clackamas Web Academy Grades: 1-12 | 425 students
8740 Se Sunnybrook Blvd
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503)659-4664 1.2 1-12 425
- Portland Alder Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 988 students
13801 Se Webster Rd
Portland, OR 97267
(503)353-5700 1.4 6-8 988
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.