Wildwood Elementary School
Wildwood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Wildwood Elementary School's student population of 494 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wildwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#291 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City Of Chicago 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Edgebrook Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 512 students
6525 N Hiawatha Ave
Chicago, IL 60646
(773)534-1194 1.0 K-8 512
- Skokie Fairview South Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 718 students
7040 Laramie Ave
Skokie, IL 60077
(847)929-1050 1.0 K-8 718
- Skokie Niles Central Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
7700 Gross Point Rd
Skokie, IL 60077
(847)626-3120 1.0 9-12 28
- Chicago Acceleration Academies Llc
1001 N Miami Beach Blvd
Chicago, IL 60607
(305)995-1430 1.1 n/a n/a
- Chicago Onahan Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 655 students
6634 W Raven St
Chicago, IL 60631
(773)534-1180 1.2 PK-8 655
I believe the quality of programs standards are set high and this year they are embracing individual talents. The numerous after school programs have something for every child some are paying and some not. The academic scores are off the charts. The School facility is small and in need of a total overhall. We are mobilizing as parents and taking this seriously it may take some time to get the space we need. In advocating for the facility space as a community member or parent will make this school one of the best in Chicago and those who are advocating for this work tirelessly for it. We as parents want the best for our children and they deserve the best. The parent involement is high and that reflects in the test scores. As a parent you cannot expect to have your child learn if you are not involved. Kuddos to our new principal who is very involved with each student and family she really cares for the kids an we are very happy to have her at Wildwood.
- Posted by Parent - ricci
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.