William H. Lehman Elementary School
- William H. Lehman Elementary School's student population of 687 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||687 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William H. Lehman Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#251 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Academir Preparatory Academy Grades: K-5 | 242 students
5800 Sw 135th Ave
Miami, FL 33183
(305)596-4149 0.1 K-5 242
- Miami Academir Charter School West Grades: K-5 | 618 students
14880 Sw 26th St
Miami, FL 33185
(305)485-9911 0.2 K-5 618
- Miami Somerset Preparatory Academy Sunset Grades: K-8 | 259 students
11155 Sw 112th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
(305)271-9000 0.4 K-8 259
- Miami School For Advanced Studies - South Grades: 11-12 | 233 students
11011 Sw 104th St # T-706
Miami, FL 33176
(305)237-0510 0.6 11-12 233
- Miami Devon Aire K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1544 students
10501 Sw 122nd Ave
Miami, FL 33186
(305)274-7100 0.8 PK-8 1544
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.