Willow Wood J High School
Willow Wood J High School serves 1,251 students in grades 7-8.
Willow Wood J High School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Willow Wood J High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Willow Wood J High School's student population of 1,251 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 66 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Willow Wood J High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Willow Wood J High School is 0.63, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#328 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Willow Wood J High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Top 10 Challenges Facing Public School Teachers In 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
What Are the Top 5 Trends in Elementary School Education?
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.
Does Your High-Schooler Have Executive Functioning Issues?
If your child has trouble planning, organizing, and executing tasks it could be a condition called executive functioning disorder. Keep reading to learn more.