Willow Creek Elementary School serves 734 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Willow Creek Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 71% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 734 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 50%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 71% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 66% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Willow Creek Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Willow Creek Elementary School's student population of 734 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Willow Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Willow Creek Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#404 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Willow Creek Elementary School's ranking?
Willow Creek Elementary School is ranked #404 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Texas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
71% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 66% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Willow Creek Elementary School?
734 students attend Willow Creek Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
50% of Willow Creek Elementary School students are White, 24% of students are Hispanic, 18% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Willow Creek Elementary School?
Willow Creek Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Willow Creek Elementary School offer ?
Willow Creek Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Willow Creek Elementary School part of?
Willow Creek Elementary School is part of Tomball Independent School District.
Review Willow Creek Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public Schools Struggle to Accommodate Unaccompanied Migrant Children
Undocumented and unaccompanied migrant children, particularly among Hispanic populations, are rapidly increasing in number, especially in the southern United States. Federal law requires public schools to provide services to all children. Yet, many schools are struggling to accommodate this new wave of potential students who come to them without parents or guardians, while some municipalities are flat out refusing to accommodate these children.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
March 06, 2023Have Smartphones Ruined Public Education?
I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Not any more. Here are my reasons why.