Winthrop Grade School
- Winthrop Grade School's student population of 448 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||448 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Winthrop Grade School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#29 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Winthrop Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winthrop Winthrop High School Grades: 9-12 | 261 students
211 Rambler Road
Winthrop, ME 04364
(207)942-4405 0.8 9-12 261
- Winthrop Winthrop Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 196 students
400 Rambler Rd
Winthrop, ME 04364
(207)947-8769 0.9 6-8 196
- Readfield Readfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 187 students
84 South Road
Readfield, ME 04355
(207)685-4406 4.8 PK-5 187
- Monmouth Henry L Cottrell School Grades: PK-3 | 203 students
169 Academy Road
Monmouth, ME 04259
(207)933-4426 4.9 PK-3 203
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.