Seneca Area School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Seneca Area School District, serving 65 students. Public middle school in Seneca Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 52% (versus the Wisconsin public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 41% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 36% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Seneca Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.seneca.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(608) 734-3411|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||709 Schools|
|# of Students||65 Students||257,566 Students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teachers||17,128 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Seneca Area School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#173 out of 440 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||3,994 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||10,530 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||34,103 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||34,084 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||63 Students||165,791 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||202 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||8,862 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||6,528|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,615|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||7,012|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,215|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,588|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||8,928|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||15,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||25||52,055|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||25||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||15||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||6,987|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||4,683|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||4,699|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,328|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,613 is higher than the state median of $15,320. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,702 is higher than the state median of $15,270. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$13 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$13 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,613||$15,320|
|Revenue / Student||$15,702||$15,270|
Seneca Area School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Seneca Junior High School 202 Main St
Seneca, WI 54654
Grades: 6-8 | 65 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.