South Shore School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by South Shore School District serving 160 students in Port Wing, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||South Shore School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||160 students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||72 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||88 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||135 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||15|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- South Shore School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,414 is higher than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $22,102 is higher than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,414||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$22,102||$14,711|
A $750,000 gift to Los Angeles Unified School District will go to expanding art programs in schools throughout the district.