Wm H Galvin Middle School
Wm H Galvin Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Wm H Galvin Middle School's student population of 786 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||786 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wm H Galvin Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#463 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Blue Hills Regional Vocational Technical Grades: 9-12 | 867 students
800 Randolph Street
Canton, MA 02021
(781)828-5800 1.4 9-12 867
- Canton Rodman Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 90 students
960 Washington Street
Canton, MA 02021
(781)821-5060 1.6 PK 90
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.