Wm J Dean Vocational Technical High School
Wm J Dean Vocational Technical High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Wm J Dean Vocational Technical High School's student population of 183 students has declined by 54% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 46% over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wm J Dean Vocational Technical High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#883 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Holyoke School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holyoke Maurice A Donahue Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 462 students
210 Whiting Farms Road
Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 534-2069 0.5 PK-8 462
- Holyoke Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 270 students
161 Lower Westfield Road
Holyoke, MA 01041
(413) 536-3201 0.9 9-12 270
- Holyoke Lt Elmer J Mcmahon Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 419 students
75 Kane Rd
Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 534-2062 1.0 PK-8 419
- Chicopee Gen John J Stefanik Grades: K-5 | 403 students
720 Meadow Street
Chicopee, MA 01013
(413) 594-3464 1.1 K-5 403
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.