Wolftrap Elementary School
Wolftrap Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Wolftrap Elementary School's student population of 593 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||593 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wolftrap Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#17 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vienna Westbriar Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 858 students
1741 Pine Valley Dr
Vienna, VA 22182
(703)937-1700 1.2 PK-6 858
- Vienna Archer Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 641 students
324 Nutley St Nw
Vienna, VA 22180
(703)937-6200 1.4 PK-6 641
- Vienna Flint Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 688 students
2444 Flint Hill Rd
Vienna, VA 22181
(703)242-6100 1.7 PK-6 688
- Vienna Madison High School Grades: 9-12 | 2235 students
2500 James Madison Dr
Vienna, VA 22181
(703)319-2300 1.7 9-12 2235
We love the school! We had a very good experience during our three years there. The teachers we got were always great.
- Posted by Parent - T
We were extremely disappointed with this school. Essentially all the work of teaching is done by parents and outside tutoring services. The teachers are all very young and inexperienced and teacher turnover is extremely high. They are very bad at identifying and deaing with learning disabilities -- perhaps due to their youth and inexperience. You may want to ask the administrators why there are 30 students in "regular" classes and twenty students in "gifted" classes. I feel this says something significant about their priorities and level of commitment to all students. Also, for a public school, many parents contribute a great deal of money and their children are treated better as a result.
- Posted by Parent - mmanj