Platte County #2 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Platte County #2 School District serving 209 students in Guernsey, Wyoming.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wyoming state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Platte County #2 School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Platte County #2 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||209 students|
|# of Teachers||25 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
|# of Male Students||105 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||104 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||181 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||30|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||20|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Platte County #2 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 48 school districts in Wyoming (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $33,050 is higher than the state average of $23,878. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,452 is higher than the state average of $25,109. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WY)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$21 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$22 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$33,050||$23,878|
|Spending / Student||$33,452||$25,109|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.