Weston County #7 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Weston County #7 School District serving 127 students in Upton, Wyoming.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wyoming state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Weston County #7 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||127 students|
|# of Teachers||18 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
|# of Male Students||68 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||59 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||122 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Weston County #7 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 48 school districts in Wyoming (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $23,976 is higher than the state average of $23,878. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $25,823 is higher than the state average of $25,109. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WY)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$21 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$22 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$23,976||$23,878|
|Spending / Student||$25,823||$25,109|
As Brevard County votes to close three schools, parents, teachers and students have voiced concerns over what the implications of this move will be. Will charter schools move in?