Akron Alternative Academy
- Akron Alternative Academy's student population of 252 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||252 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akron Alternative Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,260 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 33:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Akron City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Akron Opportunity Center
77 W Thornton St
Akron, OH 44311
(330)761-1705 0.0 n/a n/a
- Akron Akros Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 140 students
265 Park St
Akron, OH 44304
(330)374-6704 0.3 6-8 140
- Akron National Inventors Hall Of Fame School Center For Stem Grades: 5-8 | 384 students
199 S Broadway St
Akron, OH 44308
(330)761-3195 0.3 5-8 384
- Akron Edge Academy The Grades: K-5 | 246 students
92 N Union St
Akron, OH 44304
(330)535-4581 0.4 K-5 246
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.