Barbour County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Barbour County School District, serving 847 students.
- Public school in Barbour County School District have an average math proficiency score of 15% (versus Alabama public school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 16% (versus 39% Alabama statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Alabama.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Barbour Co Intermediate School, with 22% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Alabama or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Barbour Co High School, with 15-19% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Alabama or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Alabama public school average of 45% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Alabama public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Barbour County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.barbourschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(334)367-8280|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,530 Schools|
|# of Students||847 Students||744,845 Students|
|# of Teachers||50 Teachers||42,377 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
- Barbour County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 137 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||6,998 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||10,712 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||101 Students||55,311 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||689 Students||245,636 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||51 Students||409,208 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||769 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||16,211 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||63||14,638|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||64||55,460|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||86||56,606|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||71||57,603|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||60||58,551|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||60||57,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||57||55,815|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||58||55,256|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42||55,270|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||56||55,055|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||54||58,792|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||71||57,037|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||57||54,489|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||48||52,320|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,683 is higher than the state average of $10,435. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,283 is higher than the state average of $10,558. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,683||$10,435|
|Spending / Student||$12,283||$10,558|
Barbour County School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | AL School Rank)
- Louisville Barbour Co Intermediate School 81 Victoria Street
Louisville, AL 36048
Grades: 3-6 | 235 students
- Clayton Barbour Co Primary School81 Victoria Street
Clayton, AL 36016
Grades: PK-2 | 284 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.