Wilcox County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 top public schools in Wilcox County School District, serving 1,767 students.
- Public school in Wilcox County School District have an average math proficiency score of 14% (versus Alabama public school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 13% (versus 39% Alabama statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Alabama.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Abc Elementary School, with 25-29% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Alabama or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Camden School Of Arts & Technical, with 17% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Alabama or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Alabama public school average of 45% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Alabama public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Wilcox County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.wilcox.k12.al.us|
|School District Phone Number||(334)682-4716|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||1,530 Schools|
|# of Students||1,767 Students||744,845 Students|
|# of Teachers||98 Teachers||42,377 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Wilcox County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 137 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||6,998 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||10,712 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||55,311 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1,753 Students||245,636 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||7 Students||409,208 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||769 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||16,211 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||89||14,638|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||117||55,460|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||120||56,606|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||108||57,603|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||118||58,551|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||137||57,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||118||55,815|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||127||55,256|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130||55,270|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||143||55,055|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||141||58,792|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||150||57,037|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||142||54,489|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||127||52,320|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,521 is higher than the state average of $10,435. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,893 is higher than the state average of $10,558. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,521||$10,435|
|Spending / Student||$11,893||$10,558|
Wilcox County School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | AL School Rank)
- Alberta Abc Elementary School 3000 County Road 29
Alberta, AL 36720
Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
- Camden Camden School Of Arts & Technical 303 Broad St
Camden, AL 36726
Grades: 7-8 | 273 students
- Pine Hill F S Ervin Elementary School 500 Leroy Randolph Rd
Pine Hill, AL 36769
Grades: PK-6 | 271 students
- Camden Je Hobbs Elementary School 30 Claiborne St
Camden, AL 36726
Grades: PK-6 | 533 students
- Camden Wilcox Central High School 1310 T L Threadgill Rd
Camden, AL 36726
Grades: 9-12 | 560 students
- Camden Wilcox Co Alternative School 30 Claiborne Street
Camden, AL 36726
Grades: 6-12 | n/a students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.