Chugach School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Chugach School District serving 363 students in Cordova, Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Chugach School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cordova Chenega Bay SchoolMain Street
Cordova, AK 99574
Grades: PK-12 | 15 students
- Anchorage Focus Homeschool9312 Vanguard Dr
Anchorage, AK 99507
Grades: PK-12 | 295 students
- Tatitlek Tatitlek Community SchoolMain Street
Tatitlek, AK 99677
Grades: PK-12 | 15 students
- Whittier Whittier Community SchoolPortage Street
Whittier, AK 99693
Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
|School District Name||Chugach School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||363|
|# of Teachers||13|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28|
|# of Male Students||155|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||208|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||48|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||21|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||248|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||11|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||25|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||27|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||29|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||22|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Chugach School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,835 is higher than the state average of $25,156. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,955 is less than the state average of $25,337. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,835||$25,156|
|Spending / Student||$24,955||$25,337|
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.