Petersburg Borough School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Petersburg Borough School District, serving 470 students.
- Public school in Petersburg Borough School District have an average math proficiency score of 38% (versus the Alaska public school average of 32%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 39% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 10% of public schools in Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska public school average of 52% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Alaska public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Petersburg Borough School District|
|School District Website||http://www.pcsd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(907)526-7656|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||509 Schools|
|# of Students||470 Students||132,872 Students|
|# of Teachers||33 Teachers||7,748 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
- Petersburg Borough School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||82 Students||30,415 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||24 Students||7,785 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 Students||8,868 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||3,866 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||322 Students||63,227 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||12 Students||3,914 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||14,797 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||6||3,586|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||42||10,196|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||38||10,243|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||10,331|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||29||10,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31||10,398|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||42||10,229|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||33||10,007|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27||9,741|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||28||9,478|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||35||9,584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||40||9,285|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||31||9,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||45||9,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,618 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $21,522 is less than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$20,618||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$21,522||$24,500|
Petersburg Borough School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rae C. Stedman Elementary School 303 Dolphin St
Petersburg, AK 99833
Grades: PK-5 | 231 students
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.