Pribilof School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Pribilof School District, serving 69 students. Pribilof School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Alaska.
- Public schools in Pribilof School District have an average math proficiency score of 28% (versus the Alaska public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 28% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska public school average of 52% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Alaska public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Pribilof School District|
|School District Website||http://www.pribilofsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907) 546-3327|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||509 Schools|
|# of Students||69 Students||132,872 Students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teachers||7,748 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
- Pribilof School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 53 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||68 Students||30,415 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||7,785 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||8,868 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||3,866 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||n/a||63,227 Students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,914 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||14,797 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9||3,586|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4||10,196|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||6||10,243|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5||10,331|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6||10,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||9||10,398|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||12||10,229|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||7||10,007|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5||9,741|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1||9,478|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1||9,584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1||9,285|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3||9,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||9,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $41,792 is higher than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $42,415 is higher than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$41,792||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$42,415||$24,500|
Pribilof School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.