Skagway School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top public school in Skagway School District, serving 132 students.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Asian and American Indian) , which is less than the Alaska public school average of 52% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Alaska public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Skagway School District|
|School District Website||http://www.skagwayschool.org|
|School District Phone Number||(907)983-2960|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|# of Schools||1 School||506 Schools|
|# of Students||132 Students||132,726 Students|
|# of Teachers||14 Teachers||7,790 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
- Skagway School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from PS% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||30,377 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 Students||7,849 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||8,927 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||4,077 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||100 Students||63,436 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,811 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||14,249 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||14||3,246|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13||10,274|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||10,431|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||13||10,523|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13||10,474|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8||10,320|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||10||10,116|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10||9,750|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5||9,620|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||9,410|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||6||9,615|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||5||9,567|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||7||9,646|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11||9,734|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,967 is higher than the state average of $24,325. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $31,598 is higher than the state average of $24,500. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,967||$24,325|
|Spending / Student||$31,598||$24,500|
Skagway School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | AK School Rank)
- Skagway Skagway School 1563 Main St
Skagway, AK 99840
Grades: PK-12 | 138 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.