Alvarado El-south serves 383 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
Alvarado El-south placed in the top 30% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Alvarado El-south's student population of 383 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Alvarado El-south is ranked within the top 30% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Alvarado El-south is 0.59, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#2035 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Alvarado El-south. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
An Analytical Overview of Chicago Public Schools
We explore the Chicago Public School system, including its history and current structure.
5 Goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District
We review the five goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District and their strategies for meeting those goals.
Nearly 3 Dozen Indicted in Atlanta Public Schools Cheating Scandal
We report on the indictments of 35 Atlanta educators that were found guilty of their participation in the largest public school cheating scandal in U.S. history.