Anderson Preparatory Academy
- Anderson Preparatory Academy's student population of 747 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has grown by 35% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||747 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Anderson Preparatory Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1392 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anderson Preparatory Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Anderson Preparatory Academy is Compass Alternative School (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anderson Compass Alternative School Grades: 6-9 | 77 students
2010 Brentwood Drive
Anderson, IN 46011
(765)641-6571 0.7 6-9 77
- Anderson Anderson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 629 students
2035 S Raible Ave
Anderson, IN 46011
(765)641-2092 1.0 K-5 629
- Anderson Excel Center - Anderson Grades: 10-12 | 334 students
630 Nichols Ave
Anderson, IN 46016
(317)524-3930 2.3 10-12 334
- Anderson Anderson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1866 students
4610 Madison Ave
Anderson, IN 46013
(765)641-2037 2.4 9-12 1866
Our boys have grown up at Anderson and they love it! The Academy provides amazing activates to stimulate their little minds: Interactive learning lessons, karate class, drawing, painting, and supported by their excellent staff. Thank you for all the love you've given our boys.
- Posted by Parent - Grady F.
Love APA and so does my son! I have NEVER witnessed a school where the teachers are so involved and so happy to be there ! They are always there for your children!
- Posted by Parent - Ariel
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.