Edgewood Elementary School
Edgewood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Edgewood Elementary School's student population of 292 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edgewood Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1281 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anderson Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Edgewood Elementary School is Anderson Preparatory Academy (1.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anderson Compass Alternative School Grades: 6-9 | 77 students
2010 Brentwood Drive
Anderson, IN 46011
(765)641-6571 1.2 6-9 77
- Anderson Anderson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 629 students
2035 S Raible Ave
Anderson, IN 46011
(765)641-2092 1.4 K-5 629
- Anderson Excel Center - Anderson Grades: 10-12 | 334 students
630 Nichols Ave
Anderson, IN 46016
(317)524-3930 2.4 10-12 334
- Anderson Anderson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,866 student
4610 Madison Ave
Anderson, IN 46013
(765)641-2037 3.5 9-12 1,866
This school is horrible. Hasn't updated their school website in 2 years. Whenever you want to know about an event or calendar, they just tell you to check Facebook... I don't have a Facebook so I guess I can't be involved. No real circular activities for the kids. Low test scores, teachers are not even friendly.
- Posted by Parent - ashley
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.