Bay School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Bay School District serving 577 students in Bay, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Bay School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||577|
|# of Teachers||49|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||294|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||283|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||529|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||35|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bay School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,860 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,752 is less than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,860||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$9,752||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.