Arroyo High School
Top Placements (California)
Arroyo High School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Arroyo High School's student population of 2228 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,228 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arroyo High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Arroyo High School is El Monte Union High School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- El Monte Union High School District's student population of 9,071 students has decreased by 7% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 84% has decreased from 86% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,070 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,283 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
|School District Name||El Monte Union High School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,071||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$118 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$140 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,070||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,283||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Monte Wright Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 892 students
11317 E. Mcgirk Rd.
El Monte, CA 91732
(626)575-2333 0.5 K-8 892
- El Monte Cherrylee Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 416 students
5025 Buffington Rd.
El Monte, CA 91732
(626)575-2326 0.7 K-6 416
- Arcadia Rio Hondo Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 830 students
11425 Wildflower Rd.
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)575-2308 0.7 K-8 830
- Temple City Cleminson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 399 students
5213 N. Daleview Ave.
Temple City, CA 91780
(626)575-2327 0.8 K-6 399
- El Monte Legore Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 495 students
11121 Bryant Rd.
El Monte, CA 91731
(626)575-2329 1.0 K-6 495
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.