Atlantis Charter School
Atlantis Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Atlantis Charter School's student population of 1,028 students has grown by 29% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has grown by 32% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-10|
|Total Students||1,028 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atlantis Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,671 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1096 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Atlantis Charter (district) School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tiverton Pocasset School Grades: PK-4 | 248 students
242 Main Road
Tiverton, RI 02878
(401)624-6654 0.6 PK-4 248
- Fall River Henry Lord Community School Grades: PK-7 | 530 students
151 Amity Street
Fall River, MA 02721
(508)675-8208 0.7 PK-7 530
- Fall River Carlton M. Viveiros Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 676 students
525 Slade Street
Fall River, MA 02724
(508)675-8300 0.8 K-5 676
- Fall River Stone Day School Grades: 1-8 | 35 students
1207 Globe Street
Fall River, MA 02721
(508)675-8405 1.3 1-8 35
This is a very nice school except for 1 thing: bullying. I understand that they have 0 tolerance for bullying but it is still happening. It happens to me all the time. Make sure to believe your child though if there is bullies there, because there are. I have been bullied by people that are younger than me, so just remember that bullies can come in all shapes and sizes. Everything else is perfect. We have big classrooms, a large cafeteria, and all my special teachers have their own rooms. Also, all the cite leaders have their own offices. They even have improved water fillers where you put your water bottle onto a small platform and water pours into it!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kayla Jorge
Parking is a major issue, as is the traffic over there. It's a shame they don't have their own parking lot of some kind. However, the excellence, kindness and dedication of the teachers is wonderful. Our 5 year old son adores his teacher Miss Andrade, and she is wonderful with all of her kids. Majority of students seem happy to be at school.
- Posted by Parent - moved
Parking is crazy over there.especially for handicapped..i got a parking ticket when i parked before the cones on yhe side of the school ...where els would i park...n also dont appreciate my daughter getting hurt and me not being notified...
- Posted by Parent - kharv