Barbara Jordan Elementary School
- Barbara Jordan Elementary School's student population of 559 students has declined by 38% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barbara Jordan Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#2549 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Bend Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Mission West Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 629 students
7325 Clodine Rd
Houston, TX 77083
(281) 634-4320 0.8 PK-5 629
- Richmond Juan Seguin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 567 students
7817 Grand Mission Blvd
Richmond, TX 77407
(281) 634-9850 1.5 PK-5 567
- Houston Rees Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 604 students
Houston, TX 77082
(281) 531-1444 1.5 PK-4 604
- Houston Mission Bend Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 611 students
Houston, TX 77083
(281) 634-4240 1.6 PK-5 611
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.