Baskin Elementary School
Baskin Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Baskin Elementary School's student population of 523 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||523 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Baskin Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#4544 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Antonio Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Baskin Elementary School is Ut - University Charter School At High Point (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Ut - University Charter School At High Point Grades: 3-12 | 25 students
1603 Babcock Rd Ste 148
San Antonio, TX 78229
(512) 560-8132 0.6 3-12 25
- San Antonio Glass Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 604 students
519 Clearview Dr
San Antonio, TX 78228
(210) 397-1950 0.9 PK-5 604
- Plano Lone Star Language Academy Grades: K-3 | 111 students
5301 Democracy Dr
Plano, TX 75024
(972) 244-7220 0.9 K-3 111
- San Antonio Maverick Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
107 Raleigh Pl
San Antonio, TX 78201
(210) 438-6550 1.1 PK-5 571
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.