- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 362 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 46%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-34% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 30-34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Bates?
362 students attend Bates.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
54% of Bates students are White, 34% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Black, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bates?
Bates has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Bates offer ?
Bates offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Bates part of?
Bates is part of Salem School District.
Review Bates. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities