Benson Hill Elementary School
- Benson Hill Elementary School's student population of 541 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||541 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Benson Hill Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,039 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1425 out of 2039 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Renton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kent Excel Public Charter School Grades: 7-9 | 160 students
19300 108th Ave Se
Kent, WA 98031
(253) 487-7530 0.6 7-9 160
- Kent Glenridge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 474 students
19405 120th Ave Se
Kent, WA 98031
(253) 373-7494 0.6 PK-6 474
- Renton Meeker Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 602 students
12600 Se 192nd St
Renton, WA 98058
(253) 373-7284 0.8 7-8 602
I love my daughter's kindergarten teacher. We have only been there a half year, but she is great with communication and support. The right at a school program there is so great. All three of the women that work for them are amazing kind humans.
- Posted by Parent - Lauren Roy
There are a handful of outstanding teachers. The leadership at this school is unprofessional and the programs suffer for it. The principal is focused on testing but the school scores don't reflect her singular focus.
- Posted by Parent - endle
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.