Bodkin Elementary School
- Bodkin Elementary School's student population of 590 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bodkin Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#417 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Severna Park Folger Mckinsey Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 600 students
175 Arundel Beach Road
Severna Park, MD 21146
(410)222-6560 0.3 K-5 600
- Pasadena Fort Smallwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 437 students
1720 Poplar Ridge Rd
Pasadena, MD 21122
(410)222-6450 1.9 PK-5 437
- Pasadena Lake Shore Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 294 students
4531 Mountain Rd
Pasadena, MD 21122
(410)222-6465 2.0 K-5 294
This is a great school. I'm especially impressed with their music department. They have a beautiful facility with lots of parent involvement. In addition to regular music and band, they also put on at least one special show or play each year. All the artwork for the play is also done by the kids with the help of the art teachers.
- Posted by Parent - mstic
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.