Bradshaw Elementary School
- Bradshaw Elementary School's student population of 268 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bradshaw Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mcdowell County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avondale Sandy River Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 237 students
Avondale, WV 24811
(304)938-2407 0.0 6-8 237
- Iaeger Iaeger Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 273 students
Iaeger, WV 24844
(304)938-2227 3.4 PK-5 273
- Bradshaw River View High School Grades: 9-12 | 494 students
512 Mountaineeer Highway
Bradshaw, WV 24817
(304)348-6610 4.3 9-12 494
- Big Sandy Fall River Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 161 students
Big Sandy, WV 24816
(304)656-7665 5.4 PK-5 161
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.