Briarwood Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 292 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 85%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Briarwood Elementary School's ranking?
Briarwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Briarwood Elementary School?
292 students attend Briarwood Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
44% of Briarwood Elementary School students are Hispanic, 33% of students are Asian, 15% of students are White, 6% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Briarwood Elementary School?
Briarwood Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Briarwood Elementary School offer ?
Briarwood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Briarwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities