Brook Glenn Elementary School
Top Placements (South Carolina)
Brook Glenn Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Brook Glenn Elementary School's student population of 438 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||438 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brook Glenn Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Brook Glenn Elementary School is Greenville 01 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Greenville 01 School District's student population of 76,550 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,147 in this district is less than the state average of $10,151. The district revenue/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,156 is less than the state average of $10,341. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Greenville 01 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||76,550||3,820|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$674 MM||$39 MM|
|District Spending||$674 MM||$40 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,147||$10,151|
|District Spending / Student||$9,156||$10,341|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Taylors Eastside High School Grades: 9-12 | 1470 students
1300 Brushy Creek Road
Taylors, SC 29687
(864)355-2800 1.1 9-12 1470
- Taylors Brushy Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 877 students
1344 Brushy Creek Road
Taylors, SC 29687
(864)355-5400 1.3 PK-5 877
- Taylors Taylors Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 769 students
809 Reid School Road
Taylors, SC 29687
(864)355-7450 1.8 K-5 769
- Greenville Mitchell Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 593 students
4124 East North Street Ext
Greenville, SC 29615
(864)355-6700 2.2 PK-5 593
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.