Brown B Mahlon Junior High School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,018 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 60%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NV
- Math Proficiency: 25% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 42% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NV Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% NV state average), while 42% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% NV state average).
How many students attend Brown B Mahlon Junior High School?
1,018 students attend Brown B Mahlon Junior High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
40% of Brown B Mahlon Junior High School students are White, 31% of students are Hispanic, 15% of students are Black, 9% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Brown B Mahlon Junior High School?
Brown B Mahlon Junior High School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the Nevada state average of 18:1.
What grades does Brown B Mahlon Junior High School offer ?
Brown B Mahlon Junior High School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Brown B Mahlon Junior High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities