Buford Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 434 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 13%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 36% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 42% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
36% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 42% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Buford Middle School?
434 students attend Buford Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
87% of Buford Middle School students are White, 8% of students are Black, 4% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Buford Middle School?
Buford Middle School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Buford Middle School offer ?
Buford Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Buford Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities