Burks Elementary School
- Burks Elementary School's student population of 494 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burks Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Putnam County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Crawford Wilson Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 213 students
2210 Hanging Limb Hw
Crawford, TN 38554
(931)445-3335 7.4 PK-8 213
- Cookeville Algood Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 566 students
2525 Old Walton Rd
Cookeville, TN 38506
(931)303-0362 10.9 PK-4 566
- Cookeville White Plains Academy Grades: 1-12 | 80 students
288 E. Main St
Cookeville, TN 38506
(931)528-1847 10.9 1-12 80
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.