Butler County High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 665 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 11%
- Graduation Rate: ≥95% (Top 50% in KY)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
- Butler is a High School in Louisville, Kentucky, it is involved with the Traditional program.
- History: Suda E. Butler High School, opened in 1954. It was chosen in 1988 as the second high school in Jefferson County to offer the Traditional Program. In this program the standards of patriotism, morality, and personal integrity are stressed in a structured learning environment. The school has a dress code, discipline code, heterogeneous grouping, technology major, and college preparatory curriculum.
- Sports, clubs, and activities: Butler offers many Sports and Clubs, such as: Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Football, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Baseball, Girls Softball, Girls Volleyball, Spanish Club, Quick Recall, Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, Adopt-a-Bear Program, Step Team, Cheerleading, Dance Team, Winterguard, Colorguard, Band, Theatre, Art Club, Gospel Choir, Bowling, Pep Club, Golf.
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 30% KY state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% KY state average).
What is the graduation rate of Butler County High School?
The graduation rate of Butler County High School is 95%, which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 90%.
How many students attend Butler County High School?
665 students attend Butler County High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
89% of Butler County High School students are White, 9% of students are Hispanic, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Butler County High School?
Butler County High School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 15:1.
What grades does Butler County High School offer ?
Butler County High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Butler County High School part of?
Butler County High School is part of Butler County School District.
Review Butler County High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities