Black Oak Mine Unified School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Black Oak Mine Unified School District serving 1,249 students in Georgetown, California.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is equal to the state average of 23:1.
Black Oak Mine Unified School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Georgetown American River Charter 6620 Wentworth Springs Rd.
Georgetown, CA 95634
Grades: K-12 | 177 students
- Greenwood Divide High School 4405 Highway 193
Greenwood, CA 95635
Grades: 9-12 | 21 students
- Georgetown Georgetown Elementary School6530 Wentworth Springs Rd.
Georgetown, CA 95634
Grades: K-6 | 231 students
- Garden Valley Golden Sierra Junior Senior High School5101 Garden Valley Rd.
Garden Valley, CA 95633
Grades: 7-12 | 494 students
- Georgetown Otter Creek Elementary School4701 Volcanoville Rd.
Georgetown, CA 95634
Grades: K-5 | 13 students
|School District Name||Black Oak Mine Unified School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,249 students|
|# of Teachers||54 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
|# of Male Students||616 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||633 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||28 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||11 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||117 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,066 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||103|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Black Oak Mine Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,751 is higher than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,876 is higher than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$20 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,751||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$13,876||$11,280|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.