Canton-galva Jr./sr. High School
- Canton-galva Jr./sr. High School's student population of 158 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Canton-galva Jr./sr. High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#890 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton-Galva School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Galva Canton-galva Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
116 S. Santa Fe
Galva, KS 67443
(620)654-3321 5.9 PK-6 198
- Goessel Goessel Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 120 students
500 E Main
Goessel, KS 67053
(620)367-8118 10.3 PK-5 120
- Mcpherson Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 282 students
128 N Park
Mcpherson, KS 67460
(620)241-9560 12.1 PK-5 282
- Mcpherson Mcpherson High School Grades: 9-12 | 771 students
801 E First Street
Mcpherson, KS 67460
(620)241-9500 12.2 9-12 771
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.