Captain Raymond Collins
Captain Raymond Collins places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Captain Raymond Collins's student population of 545 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Captain Raymond Collins's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6960 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Paramount Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Buena Vista High School Grades: 9-12 | 253 students
3717 Michelson St.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)602-8090 0.6 9-12 253
- Bellflower Craig Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 740 students
6144 N. Clark Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)804-6540 0.8 K-6 740
- Lakewood Holmes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 418 students
5020 Barlin Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)633-4427 1.1 K-5 418
- Paramount Major Lynn Mokler Grades: K-5 | 696 students
8571 E. Flower St.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8044 1.1 K-5 696
Just bad..my little one will be starting kindergarten soon but will definitely not be attending here..I've already had two of my kids who graduated thank goodness...
- Posted by Parent - Alias
it hopefully getting better as time goes on
- Posted by Parent - samma
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.