Captain Raymond Collins
Captain Raymond Collins places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Captain Raymond Collins's student population of 545 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Captain Raymond Collins's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6960 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Paramount Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Buena Vista High School Grades: 9-12 | 253 students
3717 Michelson St.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)602-8090 0.6 9-12 253
- Bellflower Craig Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 740 students
6144 N. Clark Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)804-6540 0.8 K-6 740
- Lakewood Holmes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 418 students
5020 Barlin Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)633-4427 1.1 K-5 418
- Paramount Major Lynn Mokler Grades: K-5 | 696 students
8571 E. Flower St.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8044 1.1 K-5 696
Just bad..my little one will be starting kindergarten soon but will definitely not be attending here..I've already had two of my kids who graduated thank goodness...
- Posted by Parent - Alias
it hopefully getting better as time goes on
- Posted by Parent - samma
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.