Cardozo Ec's student population of 788 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 79 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||788 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||79 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Cardozo Ec is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 208 schools in District Of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Cardozo Ec is 0.52, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#194 out of 208 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
- Cardozo Senior High School is a secondary school at 13th and Clifton Street in northwest Washington, D.C.
- Cardozo is operated by District of Columbia Public Schools. The school is named after Francis Cardozo, the first African American to hold an administrative office in South Carolina. The U St./African-American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metro Stop is partially named after this school.
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Cardozo Ec is Basis Dc Pcs (0.4 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is Meridian Pcs (0.2 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Meridian Pcs Grades: PK-8 | 636 students
2120 13th St Nw
Washington, DC 20009
(202) 387-9830 0.2 PK-8 636
- Washington Benjamin Banneker High School Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
800 Euclid St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 671-6320 0.4 9-12 482
- Washington Creative Minds International Pcs Grades: PK-7 | 441 students
3700 North Capitol St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202) 588-0370 0.4 PK-7 441
- Washington Dc Bilingual Pcs Grades: PK-5 | 440 students
33 Riggs Rd Ne
Washington, DC 20011
(202) 750-6674 0.4 PK-5 440
While students are enjoying time off this summer, school district officials across the country are grappling with the issues associated with Common Core Standards, as well as plenty of opposition from parents and teachers.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?